1. Do you offer multi car policies?

      Yes! We work with several insurers that offer multi vehicle policies. Get in touch with us on any of the numbers at the top of this page for a quote.

    2. How can I make payment?

      We accept credit and debit card, cash and cheques payments. We also offer a direct debit option.

    3. How do I renew my policy?

      You can renew by contacting your local office or calling us on any of the above numbers.

    4. Do I have cover to drive other cars on my policy?

      Many insurers offer a third party extension that would permit you to drive other vehicles, but don’t assume that you have this cover – contact us to make sure. You should also remember that this only covers you for the minimum legal requirement. This means that if you are involved in an accident you’re only covered for damage to third party property or injury to other people. It won’t cover you for damage to the car that you’re driving. If in doubt, get in touch with us to confirm that cover is in place before driving someone else’s car.

    5. Do I have windscreen cover on my policy?

      Most insurers we work with provide the option of windscreen cover. Get in touch to make sure and we’ll check your details.

    6. Do I have breakdown cover on my policy?

      At Dickson & Co we offer accident and breakdown cover as an optional extra.

    7. How do I report an accident?

      Call us on 0288 225 1241. Outside of office hours you can report the incident to our accident and breakdown partner NI Auto Assist, on 02890 941660.

    8. Can I use my no claim bonus on a second car?

      Yes, depending on the insurer. Get in touch and we’ll work out the best option to make the most out of your no claims bonus.

    9. What is buildings insurance?

      Buildings insurance will cover damage to the structure of your home. Fitted kitchens, bathrooms, walls, the roof and the floors of a house are all normally covered under buildings insurance.

    10. How do I calculate the rebuild cost of my house?

      The Association of British Insurers (ABI) offer a rebuild calculator on their website https://www.abi.org.uk/ this will give you a good indication of your rebuild cost. Alternatively call us and we’ll put you in touch with our professional value-at-risk surveyors. You can find out more here: https://www.dickson-insurance.com/value-at-risk-surveys/

    11. What is contents insurance?

      Contents insurance will cover your personal possessions, such as furniture, clothing, jewellery, electrical goods etc. As a general rule, contents are often described as the items you would take with you if you were moving house.